Study at Gujarat Biotechnology University
Our admissions process is guided by a holistic approach, which aims to enable students to fulfil their potential. The admissions process looks beyond standardised test scores in GAT-B exams. We will interview prospective students so we can understand your passions and qualities we seek to encourage: teamwork, communication and creativity. This was we can identify your suitability to excel at the translational and innovation-oriented curriculum. We value diversity and seek to foster an inclusive community where students feel at home, irrespective of background, race, gender and sexuality. We mentor students to become independent, critical thinkers capable of challenging the status quo in their quest for impactful solutions to society’s problems. We are practical: students will enjoy hands-on, project-based learning with active involvement with industry leaders so that they leave Gujarat Biotechnology University as graduates highly attractive to employers.
General reservation criteria for students as per UGC & GOG
- Scheduled Castes (SC) : 7 % seats shall be reserved
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 15% seats shall be reserved
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)/OBC: 27% seats shall be reserved
- Students from other University: 5% seats shall be reserved for candidates of other Universities who has passed qualifying examination.
- Woman reservation: 33% seats shall be reserved for women candidates in all individual categories.
- Physically Disabled (PwD): 3 % seats shall be reserved for Physically Disabled (PwD) students
- Children of Defense personnel and Ex-Servicemen: 1 % seats shall be reserved
- Economically Weaker Sanction (EWS): 1 % seats shall be reserved
- Economically Weaker Sanction (EWS): 10 % supernumerary seats shall be reserved for candidates under EWS status (33% Reserved for Woman)
- Sports/ NSS/ NCC/ cultural quota: 2 % supernumerary seats shall be reserved for sports/ NSS/ NCC/ cultural quota in each course.
- Children of the martyrs of the Armed forces of state/ central government: There shall be separate supernumerary seats for the Children of the martyrs of the Armed forces of state/ central government.
- Foreign students: 15 % supernumerary seats shall be filled amongst Foreign Nationals(FN), Non-Resident Indians (NRI) , Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) & Overseas citizenship of India (OCI); 5% supernumerary seats (within this 15% of supernumerary seats) shall be filled with Children of Indian Workers in Gulf (CIWG)
DISCLAMIER: candidates seeking admission under any of these quota, shall produce necessary documents & certificates issued by the competent authority recognised by govt. of gujarat at the time of admission.
Students will be selected based on the Examination (70% weightage) as well as personal Assessment (30% weightage).
Assessment through examination
- GAT B top 400 rank
- JAM Biotechnology top 400 rank to be considered in case of vacant seats
- Top five institutional rank to be considered in case of vacant seats
- Personal statement 500 words
- Personal Interview / Pre recorded video statement – 3 minutes
EXAMINATION & EVALUATION METHODOLOGY
- Examination pattern of university of international repute will be followed.
- Struggling students will spend their 3rd semester at Gujarat Biotechnology University in completing the courses. Remedial classes of the courses will conducted for such students to bring them back on the track.
- Diagnostic survey / test will be conducted to improve teaching methodology and to improve the performance of struggling students.
- External examination board shall be constituted for MSc / PhD for assessing the student evaluation methodology.
- Bilateral exchange program for students shall be planned with the partnering institutions. No fees will be charged for such exchange program.
- Students shall bear the cost of travelling and stay for the visit. It has been planned that during the exchange program there will be two visits for University Students
- Students will be sent for One Month Exposure visit to an international university of repute during 1st – 2nd Semester.
- For the research projects, students may either be in Gujarat Biotechnology University or in other university in 3rd or 4th semester as part of the exchange program.